PERNICE ROUND BODY
A True Round Body Upland Game Gun
The Zoli Pernice reflects the classic tradition of game guns, with exquisite scroll engraving – totally finished by hand and signed by the famous Bottega incisioni. Uniquely, the Pernice is a true round body model, with a fully rounded frame, machined from a monolithic forged steel alloy with a Zoli removable trigger group. All trigger parts are titanium nitrate treated for maximum corrosion resistance, while main springs are coated with a self-lubricating material to preserve their strength over time.
As standard with Zoli guns, the Pernice features silver soldered barrels and is equipped with a top solid Churchill rib. The stock is crafted from a fine Turkish Walnut with fine hand checkering and is hand finished in a luxe oil.
The Pernice is available in 12,20, 28 and .410 ga. 12ga version can be equipped with and extra set of barrels in 12ga.
20, 28 and .410 ga can be delivered with a set of extra barrel in 20, 28 and .410 ga.
The engraving creation for the Pernice, a true round body Boss action over and under shotgun, was born from a collaboration between Zoli and Bottega Incisioni, the world renowned engraving studio with a 60-year history of engraving the finest guns in existence. Bottega Incisioni has earned international acclaim for their exquisitely unique designs and ability. Each Pernice action is signed "Bottega Incisioni" as a mark of authenticity.
The new Zoli Pernice presented unique challenges for the engraving design as it is the first Boss style action to be truly rounded on all 4 sides in a flowing synchronous form. There are no flat sides. The action seems to grow organically from the long, slender barrels rearward into the graceful lines Prince of Wales stock. It looks and handles like a strong and graceful arm extended to the horizon.
The engraving pattern required a unique approach so as to enhance the natural flow of the action body. Bottega Incisioni created an exceptional design which enhances the slender rounded features and allows the layout to be done mechanically, thus giving the hand engravers plenty of time to apply liberal use by hand of the hammer and chisel. The design uses low relief, high contrast scroll created from intertwined Acanthus Spinosus leaves – a leaf with deepveins. Acanthus scroll is often found in Grecian architecture (and the English countryside). Its floral motives draw the eye to the flowing lines of the Pernice.
The carved surface of the low relief engraving on the Pernice is deeply hand shaded to enhance contrast and color.The leaves are shaded to create volume and flow. The artist’s vision allowed the engraving of the leaves to flow like vines and be the living connection intertwining the barrels through the rounded action and growing into the stock.
Specifications & Options 12ga, 20ga, 28ga and 410
- Action: Monolithic Boss type action made from forged alloy steel
- Locking system: Bolt Boss type
- Finishing on Action: Polished and engraved / silver-carbon nitride -or- black-hot blued
- Trigger meccanism: Detachable with titanium coated components - self lubricant springs - selective single trigger- inertia operated / adj. trigger blade for LOP
- Soldering System: Silver soldered barrels
- Flush Chokes: 5 exchangable Choke Tubes, Cly / Im-Cyl / Mod / IM-Mod / Full
- Type: Small front bead
- Prince of wales stock: Turkish walnut code H
- Custom stock: Optional / Extra Charge
- Rounded type: Rounded forend wood / London Style with pump system
- Negrini ABS: ABS Blue case (syntetic) with two combination locks, Air Travel approved
- Bilanx - BHB: Optional/Extra charge